- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration.
- Minimum of five years accounting experience in either industry or public accounting
The managerial accountant position is responsible for general accounting, cost accounting, and financial analysis, including audit, compliance, and legal support. This position, along with the VP of Finance, Senior Accounting Manager, and Accounting Manager oversee all accounting functions of the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews monthly production reports, updates product costs and establishes standard labor and overhead expense rates for numerous components and products.
- Directs year-end physical inventory process.
- Reviews and approves all expense reports submitted internally within the company, as well as from sales rep agencies.
- Audits all invoices presented for payment within our accounts payable vouchering system.
- Supports product costing for all items annually and as needed for price increases.
- Works with confidential data.
- Provides support to the company’s external audit firm as needed.
- Oversees corporate purchasing and travel card programs.
- Calculates and processes various tax payments.
- Makes sales and use tax determinations for all company purchases.
- Reviews W-9 forms for accuracy and conformity with IRS TIN data.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS Outlook, PDF files, main frame, virtual meetings, etc.
- Works with legal counsel in regard to customer and other agreements / contracts.
- Manages and tracks SPIFF checks issued by the company’s sales force.
- Completes special projects as necessary at the request of the company executive team.
- Provides accounting support to all departments as needed.
- Manages company buybacks from retailers.
Supervisory Responsibility This position will report to the VP of Finance and will not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, speak, hear and move. Some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Typing, use of a computer, calculator, and telephone are all necessary aspects of the job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with overtime required as needed.
Travel Infrequent travel is expected for this position.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee compensation should go beyond salary. The Wooster Brush Company recognizes this and offers all of our employees a supreme benefits package that includes: health care and life insurance with zero payroll deductions, dental assistance, Company paid prescription safety eyeglasses, paid time off, a wellness program, profit sharing and pension plans.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Financial Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Results Driven
- Ethical Conduct
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Organizational Skills
- Business Acumen