October 4, 2018
Injection Molding Process Technician – 3rd Shift
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (or GED equivalent)
- Three (3) years of Plastic Injection Molding experience
- Lift truck license required
- Training can be completed on the job
- The primary purpose of an Injection Molding Process Technician – 3rd Shift is to setup the plastic injection machinery and extrusion equipment for the production of quality plastic parts and ribbon according to the part specification and scheduling.
- Plastic Machine Setup – Setting injection molds and adjusting machine parameters.
- Extruder/Slitter Setup – Setting up extruder/slitter and adjusting machine parameters.
- Plastic Stock Service – Palletizing molded parts, restocking materials, placing full skids in staging areas.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At times, the Plastic Department can reach 90+ degree temperatures with high humidity. Working in tight spaces is required to tighten or loosen bolts without being able to see them
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. The position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic times throughout the day. The employee may reach above shoulder heights or below the waist and be able to lift as required to lift heavy materials and mold cavities on a semi-frequent basis and store materials throughout the workday. The employee must be able to lift, carry, and push 75 pounds as needed and use proper lifting techniques. The employee must also be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as needed. The employee must use specific vision requirements, such as close vision, depth perception, color vision, and ability to adjust focus to determine part quality.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position on 3rd Shift. Days and standard hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, 10:30 PM to 7:00 AM.
Mandatory overtime will be scheduled, as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Communication Proficiency – This position requires good communication with supervision and coworkers about job status, machine status, quality issues, production efficiency, etc.
- Dexterity – The ability to safely setup and monitor injection molding machines, to make sure any auxiliary equipment is running correctly, meet quality standards, and meet production goals.
- Minimally supervised – The employee must be able to work with minimal supervision. The employee must be able to operate the machines on an as needed basis, help keep the machines, tools, and the general department clean and orderly on their shift, so it is ready for the next shift.
- Problem Solving/Analysis – Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills. Ability to see and diagnose problems and then correct in a timely manner. The ability to monitor and troubleshoot processing problems, perform preventative maintenance tasks, and document quality and process changes. Also ensuring all processes are optimized to achieve process efficiency and reduction of scrap.
- Willingness to Learn – The employee must have the ability to learn many different materials and their unique processing parameters. The employee must differentiate materials and colors by their visual characteristics, and keep many different materials and molds organized and in their assigned locations.
- Interpersonal Skills – Must be a team player. Must have a positive attitude and be able to work with supervisors and coworkers. Able to assist Stock Service personnel, as a secondary function, on an as needed basis and perform Stock Service.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Fill out an application for employmentApply Now
Mail your printed resumé with a cover letter to our home office: The Wooster Brush Company, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 6010, Wooster, Ohio 44691-6010.
Fill out an application for employment in person at the Wooster, Ohio facility or the Reno, Nevada distribution center.
Please do not e-mail your resumé to us unless a specific job posting requests it. Employment applications are valid for 90 days.